Ryan Freitas is the Director of Product Design at Uber, co-founder and former Chief Product Officer of about.me, and investor. In this episode we discuss role of the product designer and ‘opinionated products’.
Some notes from our conversation
A Product Manager is someone who has a better perspective on:
- Business elements going into product decisions
- Research elements going into making really good product decisions
- Development efforts and constraints that go toward execution
- Design that brings it all together
- Most importantly, the empathetic perspective on user pain and the problem they are trying to solve
We recently broke out Ryan’s Opinions about Opinionated Products into a longer post. See those notes over there.
Intro/outro music by Harley McKee