This is a complete guide to preparing for and landing a software engineer apprenticeship — that leads to a full-time job!
If you want to pursue a career as a software engineer, but don’t know where to start, this guide will outline a solid game plan you can follow chapter by chapter (or skip around) – taking the advice that best suits you. We hope it provides guidance and inspiration for achieving your coding goals!
We’ve included quotes and advice from current and former Revelry software engineer apprentices, plus quotes from Betsy Hauser, CEO at Tech Talent South and Jessica Mitsch, CEO and Co-Founder of Momentum, who encourage and train budding software engineers through their bootcamps.
Based on their advice, plus Revelry’s years of hiring and training successful software engineers via our apprentice program, we strongly encourage you to pursue an apprenticeship as a bridge between online courses, formal schooling or a bootcamp to finally landing your first full-time software engineering job!
This Guide Is For You If…
- You’re interested in learning how to code.
- You’ve dabbled in free online coding resources.
- You completed a coding bootcamp or graduated with a Computer Science (CS) degree.
- You’ve been independently coding for years but are wondering how to take your skills to the next level.
- You’re looking to start a career in tech but aren’t sure you’re ready for a full-time junior developer position.
- You’re wondering what’s the difference between an internship and an apprenticeship.
- You’re an engineering manager or business owner looking to hire and/or create a pipeline of qualified software engineers.
- You have a business idea that you’re ready to bring to life.
We’re going to break it all down and answer all your burning questions.